Scientific name: Thunberiga fragrans
Other names: fragrant thunbergia, fragrant clock vine
Native to South East Asia, white thunbergia is a small, low vine with slender climbing stems.
- Twining vine with triangular-ovate leaves that can have smooth to finely toothed, sinuate margins.
- Leaves are 5-10cm long, opposite, blades ovate to arrowhead-shaped.
- Flowers are white, 3cm long, 5cm wide, with sweet aroma.
- Seed capsules are round and end in a beak.
- Propagation is from stem cuttings or shoots from tuberous roots.